Thursday, August 19, 2010

In His Hands

Jeremiah 18:6 (NIV) 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.



He is the potter and we are the clay. We are like the clay in the hands of God…shaping and molding our hearts! Each and every day he is continually working on us and perfecting us.

I’m not the same person I once was years ago because he has been working on my heart and is making it what he wants it to be. I don’t have the old desires I once had…I have new desires in my heart that were never there before!!

What a beautiful thing to be created by him! Just think…YOU are in HIS hands!!! He has this grand idea of what he wants to make YOU!!

Think about it!!! If you were to mold a pot out of clay, you would first start with just a clump of clay. You would place it on the wheel and begin to work!! Shaping and molding the clay in your hands after a while you would begin to see some sort of shape. The more and more you are shaping and molding the clay it will begin to start looking like a pot!!


There is nothing beautiful or special about a clump of clay. You can’t do anything with it and it doesn’t serve any purpose. BUT when you put a clump of clay into the hands of God…then you get something beautiful and spectacular!!

Dear Lord, I want to be in your hands for you to mold and create whatever you desire for my heart. Continue to create me into the person you have always desired for me to be. Take my heart and mold it…rearrange it…change it into something beautiful!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! When we allow God to mold us, something beautiful is always formed. Love you and proud of you for sharing your thoughts here on the web!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...