Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WFW - It’s time to expect more!

I walked past this advertisement slogan on a poster hanging on a wall “It’s time to expect more” and I started wondering how true that is when we pray!  I know I have found myself time after time sending off my prayers and then clinch my teeth tight and holding my breath hoping and wishing that God will hear my prayers and answer my despite cry; while in the back of my mind I am full of doubt and worry that my cry will not be heard.  Why would we not expect Him to hear and answer our prayers?  We are what matters the most to Him.  He notices everything in our lives…right down to the smallest detail; nothing happens without Him knowing it!  If he collects our tears in a bottle then there is no doubt about it that He will hear our prayers and answer!

Luke 12:6-7 (NIV) “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

I have learned over the years that He is listening and He is a million steps ahead of me! He wants us to come to Him with all of our concerns, worries, and problems.  He longs to listen to how we feel, what’s on our minds and what we need from Him.  He wants us to come to Him for help (Psalm 46:1).  He keeps record of every sleepless night we toss and turn and wrestle with our troubles.  We should pray with confidence knowing that He hears us and expect Him to move on our behalf. 

 Matthew 7:7-8 (CEV) “Ask, and you will receive.  Search, and you will find.  Knock, and the door will be opened for you.  Everyone who asks will receive.  Everyone who searches will find.  And the door will be opened for everyone who knocks.”

What are your expectations when you pray?  If your expectations are like mine were years ago, Stop expecting NOTHING and start expecting SOMETHING!!!  It’s time to expect more!!





It's Word Filled Wednesday and I'm linking up on the Internet Café.  Visit Internet Cafe for more Word-filled Wednesday posts.

8 comments:

  1. Amen Krista... I often wonder how much we really expect God to answer our prayers, because we get so surprised when He does. If we really expected Him to answer, we wouldn't be surprised at all! lol

    Expectancy was the message we heard at Church last Sunday too...

    God bless you and have a wonderful WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word, Krista! Many times our prayers are laced with a bit of doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder that our prayers never fall on deaf ears!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. We recently went to the Rebelution conference with my teenagers and one of the Harris boys prayed and ended it with...we confidently expect that You hear our prayers. It was bold and it was beautiful...and too often we forget that confident expectation that God is faithful and He hears each whisper....I LOVE this! So glad you joined us today!

    peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Yes we need to come to His Throne expecting!! love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! So true what you said about prayer and the scriptures you posted I really like. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Krista, I totally agree. God definately wants to hear from us and we can confidently know that he answers our prayers. Sometimes, however, we think that the answers have to be what we want. That is when we get ourselves in trouble. God hears us and answers us but in His infinite wisdom...sometimes He says 'yes', sometimes 'no' and sometimes 'not yet'.
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true Krista! You know sometimes when our prayers are not answered the way we expect them to be, we think God has not heard us - when He HAS heard us - the answer's just NO... and when we look back later we understand that NO was better than what we wished for. He does hear & He does answer, just usually not the way we expect Him to. I'm so glad that He loves me enough to override my desires & does what's best for me.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...