Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spring Cleaning


I never understood why it was called spring cleaning. Why in the spring and not any time? Well…I was thinking that it may be in the month of August, but it is about time for me to do some spring cleaning in my spare bedroom. I have been putting a little of this and a little of that in that spare bedroom for a while and it is now completely full of nothing but JUNK!! I need to go through all of it and clean it up, get it organized and trash all of the stuff that needs to go!!


I wonder what kind of JUNK we store in our hearts without even realizing it. A little here and a little there and before you know it you are completely FULL to the RIM with lots of JUNK that needs to be cleaned out in a quick hurry.

Psalm 51:10-12 (NIV) 10 “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”

When was the last time you sat down with Jesus and repented, asking him to clean your heart out?   Is it time for some spring cleaning in your heart?

2 comments:

  1. very good! Love the idea of spring cleaning, doing some of that right now around here but also need to remove some clutter from my heart that is standing in the way of some things. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my house the clutter is in the hidden places - closets, drawers, etc. Maybe our hearts are the same & we need to do some deep spring cleaning. Lord, please clean every nook & cranny of my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...