Saturday, August 14, 2010

He Is the Vine...We Are The Branches




John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

I was on my computer and the battery light blinked saying battery low and it hit me…we are just like that when it comes to God! We are not so different than this computer…we are nothing without a source of power…HIM!!! We NEED him each and every day of our lives…he is our “source of power”… he is the vine and we are the branches. So as I plug up my computer with the “source of power”…the blinking light turns off and everything is okay... the battery is charging. That’s what it needed…the source of power “Plugged in” directly. If we will stay plugged up to Jesus (read, study and meditate in his word, focus on him, pursue him daily…etc) we would have ALL we need. We would never have a reason to drink to find answers to our confused minds…we wouldn’t take pills to drown out those bad and painful memories we can’t seem to forget or even know how to deal with….we wouldn’t look for love in all the wrong places when we are actually looking for JESUS…that’s what we need and are looking for and CAN’T live without...JESUS!!! He is the one that brings the PEACE we are searching for... the LOVE we are longing for… the JOY and FULFILLMENT we were made for…NOT THIS WORLD or anything in it….HE IS ALL WE NEED!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so easy to get caught up in our hectic schedules & forget that we need to plug in to JESUS daily, not just every once in a while when we can find the time, but daily.....because HE IS ALL WE NEED!! Krista, your blog has really been a blessing to me - stay plugged up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...