Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Refreshed

Romans 12:1-2 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Sin is a lot like a match. 

When we participate in sin it’s like striking a match!

Once it is lit in your life it starts a fire that spreads and destroys everything.  Just that little tiny spark can be more destructive than you think. 

God is like a firefighter.  He comes in and cleans up the damage the fire caused.  But unlike any firefighter we know, this firefighter miraculously rebuilds and restores what was lost during the fire and makes everything new and whole again! 

Now that’s POWER!!  That’s OUR GOD!!

This Thankful Thursday I’m so thankful that we serve a God that rebuilds us and restores us after we sin.  Sometimes we can mess up so bad and wonder where do I go from here?  He repairs our heart from the pain and renews our souls from the damage.  Praise the Lord for His mighty and powerful miraculous touch!!



To join in or read more Thankful Thursday posts Click Here

6 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love that! He is our firefighter! Thank you, Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you, Krista, for such a truthful and encouraging word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I viewed your Profile and saw that you're a writer. I'm a member of ACFW and dabble in writing Christian fiction. I believe stories are powerful and look forward to reading your life story some day. I'm visiting with Thankful Thursday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that image Krista, I never thought of it like that before. And, God is never afraid of the size of that fire, is he? Always willing to break down that door to rescue us.
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista! I say your comment to Bernadine and because I'm writing a book which I hope to finish very soon and publish I though we would have this in common. Your post is uplifting and touches my heart deeply.What a visual - aboutt he match! God's strength and timing to you! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...